THIS SESSION IS NOW FULL AND REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Join us at the Canary Warf Hilton, London at 12:00pm on 12th November for a FREE-to-ACCESS networking session. Open to both Women and Men, this session is designed to help aspiring women in offshore energy learn from and network with senior female energy leaders.
What is the event (format):
- Reuters Events - New Energy Update are opening the doors to the Offshore & Floating Wind Europe 2019 Conference from Lunchtime day two as part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity in offshore energy.
- In association with POWERful Women, the professional initiative to advance gender diversity within the UK energy sector, we invite you to attend this free-to-access networking lunch.
- A panel discussion will feature senior female leaders within the offshore wind sector and will be followed by a networking lunch.
- You will then be free to attend the offshore and Floating Wind Europe conference day two afternoon sessions!
Why this networking lunch?
The way we generate and use energy is changing. With all the evidence showing that diversity is good for business, actively including women in the energy transformation will help ensure we meet the challenges and maximise the opportunities that lie ahead.
However, the latest board statistics of the UK’s top energy companies show that we still have a long way to go to truly tap into the pool of female talent available. Women still occupy only 16% of board seats and 6% of executive board seats, and 42% of companies have no women on their boards at all.
This event, in association with POWERful Women, will feature inspiring stories from successful senior female leaders in the offshore wind sector - describing how they got to where they are, what advice they would give to other aspiring women and why they think the UK energy sector needs to embrace better balance. It will explore how aspiring women can equip themselves to play a part in the energy sector of the future, all the way up to the boardroom. And what kind of corporate leadership strategies will make a real difference.
Who should attend?
- Aspiring women looking for inspiration, advice and support on reaching senior positions within the energy sector;
- CEOs and senior managers (men and women) who want to understand the benefits of better gender balance for their business;
- D&I leads, recruiters and headhunters who want to progress effective gender diversity strategies within their organisations;
What will you take away?
- inspiring stories of women who have risen to senior positions within the industry and their top tips for career success;
- practical advice on how your business can make progress on its gender diversity strategy - and how it will help drive success;
- new contacts and possible mentors;
- new partnerships for collaborating to achieve better balance in the UK energy sector.
Offshore and Floating Wind Europe 2019 Conference Details
*Please note that in registering for this ‘why better balance is better for business’ networking session – this does not grant full access to Offshore and Floating Wind 2019 but rather entitles you to attend the remainder of day-two session post this networking session. [I.e., 12th November from 12:00-16:30]
*We hope you will consider purchasing a ticket to the full conference, however, there is no obligation to do so.
Offshore and Floating Wind Europe 2019
The Developer and Operator Led Business Conference for Strategic Decision Making and Networking
Fixed-Bottom | Floating
The Conference in short:
We have combined our highly acclaimed Offshore Wind Europe Conference – with our rapidly growing Floating Wind Europe Conference - to create a show that guarantees the highest level of networking and learning.
Each industry (floating and Fixed-bottom) will retain a dedicated, full, two-day agenda that features the most senior decision makers from the biggest global developers and operators.
A combined networking area (featuring just 15-booths), interactive agenda sessions, and networking drinks reception guarantees an intimate environment for business leaders to learn, discuss and get to know one another.
Who will I meet and network with?
*This is just a sample of delegates already confirmed. We guarantee 550 Attendees (46% Developer/Investor).
About POWERful Women: POWERful Women is a professional initiative that seeks to promote the growth and leadership development of women across the UK energy sector. Our goals are to see 30% of executive board roles and 40% of management roles filled by women by 2030. We work in three ways: campaigning and reporting, supporting women in their careers and providing practical support to companies committed to increasing their gender diversity. You can work with POWERful Women and we can support you to reach your gender diversity goals: make a company pledge, join our mentoring scheme POWERful Connections, or become an Ambassador. More information at www.powerfulwomen.org.uk
All questions and comments are welcome, drop me an email or give me a call – details below.
This event has been supported by Renewable UK’s Switch List.
Our Switch List is a directory of spokeswomen from the energy sector to help industry engage better with diverse speakers for events
"We need to showcase passionate and talented spokeswomen in our sector and actively diversify panels at industry events"
Our Switch List was launched in June 2018 after our internal events team recognised the difficulty in accessing and identifying a diverse pool of speakers for events. This crowd-sourced tool is free to download and showcases speakers from across the sector and the globe. From interns to CEOs, the speakers on this list represent a diverse range of perspectives from different career stages and are passionate about a wide range of energy topics.
We strongly encourage women to sign up and recommend colleagues so that industry can engage better with female speakers, panellists and session chairs for conferences, events and workshops. We hope the list will give the women of our industry the opportunity to raise their profile and inspire the next generation of energy professionals.